Thursday, June 6, 2013

Owner Interview

Kansas City Kangaroos

WIS Name: missouridawg

First Name:   Ryan

Home State: 
Live in Houston, TX, born and raised in Missouri, did undergrad in Mississippi

Age: 31

What do you do when you’re not playing HBD or working?: 
For the past two years, I spent all my free time studying for my masters degree while working. Now that I've graduated, I've knocked the rust off the golf clubs and got back into the gym some. Oh yea, my wife and I enjoy traveling and just got back from a 10 day trip to SF/Hawaii.

Favorite Teams: 
St. Louis Cardinals, Mississippi State Bulldogs

Choose 4 people you’d like to hang out with for a night (why?):
Tony LaRussa - Always loved his coaching style.
My Grandpa Cline - WWII Vet and never got to know him very well as he passed away when I was 14
Cal Ripken Jr. - Childhood hero
They guy who killed Bin Laden - Because he changed the world

Funniest or dumbest thing that you’ve done in last few years: 
I had a prank played on my in college by some friends of mine. For payback, I went to BestBuy and got some of the RFID tags that are placed on CDs to prevent theft and placed them in my friends' purses. Needless to say, after a week of setting off a lot of alarms, I informed them of why.

Most Memorable WIS moment: 
Winning my only two world series trophies as 6 seeds who snuck into the playoffs. Anytime I'm a 1 seed, I get bounced quickly.

HBD owner that you respect/fear the most (Why?): 
I really don't look too hard at the name coaching the team. I more focus on the opponent record.

If you could change one thing about Sweet Lou, what would it be?: 
All of the whining that has threatened to ruin the world. The pettiness has to stop and people have to grow up.

If you could change one thing about HBD what would it be?: 
I would change the amount of times you could offer a free agent a contract. I would limit the amount of contract offers you can make to 2 to avoid having the back and forth that comes along with free agency. It gets old having to log in every 4 hours to up your offer by another million bucks because someone did the same 4 hours ago. Limit the number of offers to 2 per player and make people think more strategically about their money.

Favorite TV Show?: 
The Wire is the best show ever created. I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Entourage, Sopranos, Dexter, and The Office as well. Back in the day, Friends was a big show for me.

Most Memorable Life Moment: 
I had to share this, as I'm on of the luckiest guys on the planet. I made a hole-in-one while golfing on my own bachelor party. I've yet to meet anyone who's had the same feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment